Monday, January 17, 2011

New Blog Header

I decided to do a hand-drawn blog header because I am not yet comfortable with Photoshop or other similar programs and I thought this would be a good opportunity to work on my drawing as well. I have always loved to create and doodle patterns when I get bored so I thought why not invent a pattern that represents myself as a designer. I have always loved damask-style patterns that are very elegant and classic but this pattern is very whimsical and fun to me which could describe myself as well. I was inspired by the pattern on my comforter in my room but I decided to do my own take on a damask pattern. The Lucinda Handwriting font was the most appealing to me on Microsoft Word probably because it is very pretty yet casual at the same time. It reminds me somewhat of my own cursive handwriting, which I thought would be a good reflection of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment