Monday, April 25, 2011

Blog Post 14: Top Picks

For my top object I picked Bath & Body Works PocketBac Hand Sanitizer & holder.  Being a germophobe, I love that I can always have hand sanitizer on hand in my favorite Bath & Body Works fragrances. The holder is designed perfectly to attach to my backpack, keys, and purse, and I love that they come in different colors-- even glitter and glow in the dark! I must not be the only one who finds the PocketBac collection genius because I can hardly go anywhere on campus without seeing these attached to people's bags.


My top space is this Manhattan apartment space by architects Hariri & Hariri that I came across while flipping through Architectural Digest one day. Ever since I have been in love with it. I love the use of clean lines and low furniture to emphasizes the stunning city view as well as the use of lighting and materials to create a very posh, elegant, yet modern feel. 



For my top building I picked Biltmore Estate. When I visited Biltmore a few years ago, I was amazed at the sheer volume of space inside and the grandeur of the design inside of the building. The influence French architecture in North Carolina is intriguing and the high-tech design methods used for its time is fascinating.


My top place is historic Charleston, South Carolina. Old Charleston is the epitome of southern charm and the history of its buildings and culture is so rich. You feel like you are in a different world when you are there. This atmosphere is inviting and evokes summertime and a slower pace of living. 



No comments:

Post a Comment